28 August 2010

Venice: The Trophy Wife


So, aside from the nice beach time in Lido, I really don't have any stories from Venezia. Don't get me wrong, Venezia is gorgeous. Gorgeous. I showed up in the city and just stood stupidly with my camera, turning aimlessly in circles trying to figure out what to photograph first. It is staggeringly beautiful wandering the labyrinth of alleys that qualify as streets; lost and overwhelmed.

But, like the trophy wife she is, Venezia is lovely to look at, but not so big on conversation.

So, I'm going to do something a little different and just post the pictures! Besides, it's all this slutty exhibitionist city really wants anyway.

Most of these pictures were taken away from the more touristy areas of the city (which are plentiful.) I found myself feeling particularly uneasy on the tourist streets here, wondering if all those people stomping around realized that each of their steps was sinking the city. If you happen to be one of the strangers I photographed, thanks! Leave a comment and let me know who you are! If the pictures bother you I can take them down, or - more to my liking - I'd be happy to send them to you!

Next stop - Firenze.

No comments: